SIDDINGTON: All Saints (Church of England)

Click for photo of church

Church History

An ancient chapelry in the parish of Prestbury: St. Peter, serving the township of Siddington.

On 6 April 1846 the district was amalgamated with Capesthorne: Holy Trinity to form the combined district of "Capesthorne with Siddington".

Church Records

C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts

Original RegistersC 1718-1895 ; M 1722-1784, 1883-1996 ; B 1722-1874 — Cheshire Record Office (P 241)
C from 1896 ; M from 1996 ; B from 1875 — held at Capesthorne Hall
Microfilm CopiesC 1718-1895 ; M 1722-1754, 1783-1784 ; B 1722-1874 — Cheshire Record Office ; Macclesfield Library
Bishop's Transcripts1722-41, 1745-1863 (microfilmed) — Cheshire Record Office ; Family History Society of Cheshire
Copies and IndexesC 1718-1970 — published by North Cheshire Family History Society
C 1718-1970 ; M 1722-1783 (transcript, 2 vols.) — Cheshire Record Office
M 1722-1752 (incomplete) — Bertram Merrell Marriage Index of Cheshire (1750-1836)
M 1722-1783 — published in: Cheshire Parish Registers: Marriages, vol. 5 (Phillimore, 1914)
M 1883-2006 — Cheshire BMD (CE:1082)
B 1725-1874 — published by North Cheshire Family History Society
Monumental InscriptionsPublished by North Cheshire Family History Society (edited by D. H. Way), 1987
NotesM 1754-1783, 1784-1883 — none recorded

Explanatory NotesIndex of Churches