CHURCH HULME: St. Luke (Church of England)

Click for photo of church

Church History

An ancient chapel to Sandbach: St. Mary. In 1733 it became the district church for the townships of Church Hulme, Cotton and Cranage.

The district was affected by the following boundary changes:

Church Records

C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts

Original RegistersC 1613-1994 ; M 1613-2001 ; B 1613-1961 — Cheshire Record Office (P 82)
C from 1994 ; M from 2001 ; B from 1961 — Church
Microfilm CopiesC 1613-1963 ; M 1613-1941 ; B 1613-1903— Cheshire Record Office
C 1613-1841 ; M 1613-1837 ; B 1613-1903 — Manchester Archives & Local Studies ; Family History Society of Cheshire ; Sandbach Library
Bishop's Transcripts1576, 1590, 1600, 1604, 1608-09, 1611, 1613-15, 1617-20, 1621 or 1623(?), 1622, 1624-26, 1629, 1632-35, 1658-60, 1663, 1666-76, 1679-83, 1685-97, 1699-1761, 1763-66, 1768-88, 1790-1821, 1823-24, 1826-28, 1830-41,1855-98 (microfilmed) — Cheshire Record Office ; Family History Society of Cheshire
Copies and IndexesM 1596-1837 (incomplete) — Bertram Merrell Marriage Index of Cheshire (1750-1836)
M 1738-1837 — North & East Cheshire Marriage Index - may be viewable at subscription sites such as ancestry or findmypast
M 1837-1950 — Cheshire BMD (CC:1023)
Monumental InscriptionsTranscript by J. Smith/C. Smith, 1979 — Cheshire Record Office ; Holmes Chapel Library
NotesM 1652-1661 — not recorded

Explanatory NotesIndex of Churches