DELAMERE: St. Peter (Church of England)

Click for photo of church

Church History

Founded in 1812 as a district church for the townships of Delamere, Eddisbury, Kingswood and Oakmere (previously extra-parochial areas of Delamere Forest).

The district was affected by the following boundary changes:

Church Records

C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts

Original RegistersC 1817-1975 ; M 1818-1991 ; B 1820-1948— Cheshire Record Office (P 108)
C from 1975 ; M from 1992 ; B from 1948 — Church
Microfilm CopiesC 1817-1918 ; M 1818-1951 ; B 1820-1948— Cheshire Record Office
C 1817-1918 ; M 1818-1919 ; B 1820-1905 — Northwich Library
Bishop's Transcripts1817-1831, 1876 (microfilmed) — Cheshire Record Office
Copies and IndexesC 1817-1831 (index from BTs by B. Merrell) — Cheshire Record Office
M 1818-1837 — Bertram Merrell Marriage Index of Cheshire (1750-1836) ; North & East Cheshire Marriage Index - may be viewable at subscription sites such as ancestry or findmypast
M 1837-1974 — Cheshire BMD (CW:123)

Explanatory NotesIndex of Churches