EATON: Christ Church (Church of England)

Church History

From 1858 the district church for most of the township of Eaton (previously served by Astbury: St. Mary). The boundaries of "The District Chapelry of Christ Church, Eaton" were described in the London Gazette on 2 August 1858:

"All that part of the township of Eaton, in the parish of Astbury, ia the county and diocese of Chester which is not comprised within the limits of the particular district of Buglawton, in the same parish, county, and diocese."

Church Records

C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts

Original RegistersC 1857-1937 ; B 1958-1978 — Cheshire Record Office (P 250)
C from 1937 ; M from 1958 ; B from 1978 — Church
Microfilm CopiesC 1857-1937 ; B 1858-1978 — Cheshire Record Office
Bishop's Transcripts1858-1896 (microfilmed) — Cheshire Record Office
Copies and IndexesM 1858-1997 — Cheshire BMD (CE:1038)
Monumental InscriptionsPublished by Macclesfield Ferrets/Graveyard Press, 1988

Explanatory NotesIndex of Churches