HIGH LEGH: St. John (Church of England)

Church History

Founded in 1815 as a chapel to Rostherne: St. Mary. On 20 June 1973 it became the district church for the civil parish of High Legh (previously served by Rostherne: St. Mary).

The district includes the chapel of High Legh: St. Mary.

Church Records

C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts

Original RegistersC 1815-1956 ; M 1966-1989 — Cheshire Record Office (P 197)
C from 1956 ; M from 1989 — Church
Microfilm CopiesC 1815-1956 — Cheshire Record Office
Bishop's Transcripts1819, 1821-78, 1882-1902 (microfilmed) — Cheshire Record Office
Copies and IndexesM 1966-2009 — Cheshire BMD (CE:1045)
NotesC 1815-1868 — damaged, partly illegible
B — none

Explanatory NotesIndex of Churches