Founded in 1852 as a chapel to Astbury: St. Mary. In 1878 it became the district church for the townships of Hulme Walfield, Radnor and Somerford Booth (previously served by Astbury: St. Mary). The boundaries of "The District Chapelry of Saint Michael, Hulme Walfield" were described in the London Gazette on 27 September 1878:
"All that part of the parish of Astbury in the county of Chester and in the diocese of Chester wherein the present incumbent of such parish now possesses the exclusive cure of souls which is comprised within and is co-extensive with the limits of the three contiguous townships of Hulme Walfield, of Somerford Booths, and of Radnor."
C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts