WAVERTON: St. Peter (Church of England)

Click for photo of church

Church History

An ancient parish church, originally serving the townships of Hatton, Huxley and Waverton.

The district was affected by the following boundary changes:

  • 1878 May 21 — reduced when the township of Huxley was transferred to the new district of Hargrave: St. Peter.

Church Records

C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts

Original RegistersC 1582-1991 ; M 1662-1995, 1990-2007 ; B 1667-1966 — Cheshire Record Office (P 282)
C from 1991 ; M from 1995 ; B from 1966 — Church
Microfilm CopiesC 1582-1863 ; M 1662-1837 ; B 1667-1966 — Cheshire Record Office ; Family History Society of Cheshire ; Manchester Archives & Local Studies
Bishop's Transcripts1599-1601, 1604-05, 1608-11, 1613-14, 1616-18, 1623-25, 1627, 1629-33, 1639-41, 1666, 1668-69, 1671-77, 1679-85, 1690-92, 1694-1751, 1753-54, 1756-1839, 1845-60, 1863-89 (microfilmed) — Cheshire Record Office ; Family History Society of Cheshire
Copies and IndexesM 1677-1837 (incomplete) — Bertram Merrell Marriage Index of Cheshire (1750-1836)
M 1838-1958 — Cheshire BMD (CW:CE52)
Monumental InscriptionsPublished by the Family History Society of Cheshire (edited by G. A. Jeffreys), 1993; revised 1999
NotesM 1979-1990 — missing

Explanatory NotesIndex of Churches