KINGSLEY: St. John the Evangelist (Church of England)

Hollow Lane
Click for photo of church

Church History

Founded in 1851 as the district church for the townships of Kingsley and Newton by Frodsham (previously served by Frodsham: St. Lawrence).

Church Records

C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts

Original RegistersC 1851-1927 ; B 1851-1902 — Cheshire Record Office (P 263)
C from 1927 ; M from 1851 ; B from 1902 — Church
Microfilm CopiesC 1851-1927 ; B 1851-1902 — Cheshire Record Office ; Northwich Library
Bishop's Transcripts1876-1883 (microfilmed) — Cheshire Record Office
Copies and IndexesM 1851-1974 — Cheshire BMD (CW:130)
Monumental InscriptionsPublished by the Family History Society of Cheshire (edited by J. Barnes), 1979 (partial)
Published by the Family History Society of Cheshire (edited by M. Bullock), 1992 (revised 1996)

Explanatory NotesIndex of Churches