MARBURY: St. Michael (Church of England)

Church History

An ancient chapelry in the parish of Whitchurch: St. Alkmund (in the county of Shropshire and diocese of Lichfield). On 5 February 1870 it became the district church for the townships of Marbury cum Quoisley and Norbury, and was transferred to the diocese of Chester.

The district was affected by the following boundary changes:

Church Records

C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts

Original RegistersC 1538-1943 ; M 1538-1983 ; B 1538-1944 — Cheshire Record Office (P 39)
C from 1944 ; M from 1983 ; B from 1944 — Church
Microfilm CopiesC 1538-1943 ; M 1538-1952 ; B 1538-1944 — Cheshire Record Office ; Family History Society of Cheshire ; Manchester Archives & Local Studies ; Nantwich Library
Bishop's Transcripts1578, 1586, 1593, 1600, 1607-10, 1612-14, 1621, 1625-27, 1629, 1632-34, 1636-39, 1659-60, 1663-66, 1668-85, 1690, 1692-1716, 1718-32, 1734-35, 1737-39, 1741-1833, 1835-39, 1841-47, 1849-51, 1853-54, 1875-82 (microfilmed) — Cheshire Record Office
Copies and IndexesC 1813-1822 (transcript/index) — Cheshire Record Office
M 1679-1837 (incomplete) — Bertram Merrell Marriage Index of Cheshire (1750-1836)
M 1837-1973 — Cheshire BMD (CC:1060)
Monumental InscriptionsTranscript by the Family History Society of CheshireNantwich Library

Explanatory NotesIndex of Churches