- Chester: St. Oswald (Church of England). The ancient parish church for the township of Newton by Chester.
- Chester: Christ Church (Church of England). The district church for Newton by Chester from 1843 to 1872.
- Hoole: All Saints (Church of England). Built in 1867 as a chapel to Chester: Christ Church, becoming the district church for Newton by Chester in 1872.
- Newton, Swedenburgian Church, Dicksons Drive.
There are more than 30 churches identified in this place. Please click here for a complete list.
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Chester area or see them printed on a map.
You can see pictures of NEWTON BY CHESTER which are provided by:
- 1936 April 1 — Abolished and divided between Chester (153 acres, pop. 2134 in 1931) and Hoole (288 acres, pop. 447 in 1931)
You can see the
administrative areas in which NEWTON BY CHESTER has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SJ406664 (Lat/Lon: 53.191354, -2.890485), NEWTON BY CHESTER which are provided by: