It included the hamlets of Blakeden, Bradford Wood, Catsclough, Church Hill, Gavel Green, Hebden Green, Kilnhouses, Littler, Meadowbank, Pettypool (part), Salterswall, Smithy Bank, Swanlow, Townfields, Vale Royal, Ways Green, Wharton and Whitegate.
The population was 881 in 1801, 3167 in 1851, and 7063 in 1901.
1894 — Lost the former detached part of Marton (near Winsford) (4 acres, pop. 0 in 1891), which became a separate unnamed parish in Northwich Rural Distict under the provisions of the Local Government Act, 1894
* The former detached part of Marton (near Winsford) which was transferred to Over in 1883 remained in Northwich Rural Sanitary District until it became a separate parish under the provisions of the Local Government Act, 1894.