SALE: St. Anne (Church of England)

Church Road.

Church History

On 30 September 1856 it became the district church for the township of Sale (previously served by Ashton upon Mersey: St. Martin).

The district was affected by the following boundary changes:

Church Records

C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts

Original RegistersC 1856-2000 ; M 1857-2001 — Cheshire Record Office (P 221)
C from 2000 ; M from 2001 — Church
Microfilm CopiesC 1856-1914 ; M 1857-1953 — Cheshire Record Office
C 1856-1914 ; M 1857-1906 — Family History Society of Cheshire ; Trafford Local Studies
Bishop's Transcripts1856-1876 (microfilmed) — Cheshire Record Office ; Family History Society of Cheshire
Copies and IndexesM 1857-1868 — Cheshire BMD (TR:CE19)
Monumental InscriptionsTranscript by Sale Borough Council, 1964 — The National Archives (ref. RG37/133)

Explanatory NotesIndex of Churches