SMALLWOOD: St. John the Baptist (Church of England)

Church History

Built in 1845 as a chapel to Astbury: St. Mary, becoming the district church for the township of Smallwood in 1846.

Church Records

C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts

Original RegistersC 1845-1946 ; M 1847-1983 ; B 1847-1941 — Cheshire Record Office (P 277)
C from 1946 ; M from 1983 ; B from 1941 — Church
Bishop's Transcripts1857-1876 (microfilmed) — Cheshire Record Office, Family History Society of Cheshire
Copies and IndexesC 1845-1849 ; B 1847-1849 (copy registers) — held at Astbury: St. Mary
M 1847-1950 — Cheshire BMD (CC:1083)

Explanatory NotesIndex of Churches