SUTTON: St. James (Church of England)

Church History

Built in 1840 as a chapel to Sutton: St. George. In 1860 it became the district church for part of the township of Sutton (previously served by Sutton: St. George).

Church Records

C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts

Original RegistersC from 1840 ; M from 1860 ; B from 1840 — Church
Copies and IndexesM 1860-2005 — Cheshire BMD (CE:1085)
Monumental InscriptionsPublished by North Cheshire Family History Society (edited by D. H. Way) 1987

Explanatory NotesIndex of Churches