UPTON: St. Mary (Church of England)

Ford Road/Church Road.

Church History

An ancient parish church (also known as Overchurch), serving the township of Upton by Birkenhead.

The district was affected by the following boundary changes:

Church Records

C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts

Original Registers C 1759-1936 ; M 1755-1941 ; B 1759-1937 — Cheshire Record Office (P 155)
C from 1936 ; M from 1941 ; B from 1937 — Church
Microfilm Copies C 1759-1936 ; M 1755-1941 ; B 1759-1937 — Cheshire Record Office ; Family History Society of Cheshire ; Manchester Archives & Local Studies ; Birkenhead Central Library
Bishop's Transcripts 1600, 1609-10, 1613, 1615, 1617-25, 1633-34, 1636, 1668-71, 1675-76,1680-82, 1684, 1691, 1694, 1699-1702, 1711, 1714, 1716, 1719-39, 1741-44, 1746, 1748-56, 1758-88, 1794-1813, 1825-31, 1833-38, 1848-49, 1851,1868-92 (microfilmed) — Cheshire Record Office
Copies and Indexes CMB 1600-1812 — published in: The Registers of Upton in Overchurch, 1600-1812, ed. by Wm. Ferguson Irvine (London: Parish Record Society, vol. 33, 1908)
M 1838-1961 — Cheshire BMD (WR:BK19)
Monumental Inscriptions Published by the Family History Society of Cheshire (edited by C. Bratt), 1973

  Explanatory Notes Index of Churches