WARBURTON: St. Werburgh (Church of England)

Church History

An ancient parish church, serving the township of Warburton. The original church was replaced by a new building on Bent Lane in 1885, but remained as a chapel until 1970.

Church Records

C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts

Original RegistersC 1611-1935 ; M 1655-1836 ; B 1638-1932 — Cheshire Record Office (P 68)
C from 1935 ; M from 1839 ; B from 1932 — Church
Microfilm CopiesC 1611-1859 ; M 1655-1836 ; B 1638-1863 — Cheshire Record Office ; Family History Society of Cheshire ; Manchester Archives & Local Studies ; Trafford Local Studies ; Warrington Library
Bishop's Transcripts1813-14, 1869-76 — Cheshire Record Office (microfilmed)
Copies and IndexesCMB 1611-1752 (transcript/index by G. .E Warburton) — Cheshire Record Office
M 1655-1837 — Boyd's Marriage Index - may be viewable on subscription sites such as ancestry and findmypast
M 1703-1837 (incomplete) — Bertram Merrell Marriage Index of Cheshire (1750-1836)
M 1754-1837 — North & East Cheshire Marriage Index - may be viewable at subscription sites such as ancestry and findmypast
Monumental InscriptionsTranscript by G. E. Warburton, 1909 — Cheshire Record Office
Published by the Family History Society of Cheshire (edited by G. C. Normansell), 1998

Explanatory NotesIndex of Churches