WARMINGHAM: St. Leonard (Church of England)

Click for photo of church

Church History

An ancient parish church, originally serving the townships of Elton, Moston, Tetton and Warmingham.

The district was affected by the following boundary changes:

  • 1847 March 9 — reduced when parts of the townships of Elton, Moston and Tetton were transferred to the consolidated chapelry of Elworth: St. Peter.

Church Records

C = Christenings (Baptisms) ; M = Marriages ; B = Burials ; BTs = Bishop's Transcripts

Original RegistersC 1538-2012 ; M 1538-2003 ; B 1538-1980 — Cheshire Record Office (P 211)
C from 2012 ; M from 2003 ; B from 1980 — Church
Microfilm CopiesC 1538-1857 ; M 1538-1907 ; B 1538-1877 — Cheshire Record Office ; Family History Society of Cheshire ; Manchester Archives & Local Studies ; Sandbach Library
Bishop's Transcripts1570(?), 1600, 1604, 1607-10, 1613-15, 1617-19, 1624-26, 1628-29, 1635, 1658, 1663-66, 1668-76, 1679-84, 1691, 1695, 1702, 1706, 1708-09, 1712, 1714-15, 1723-25, 1727-1867, 1877-81 (microfilmed) — Cheshire Record Office ; Family History Society of Cheshire
Copies and IndexesM 1673-1837 (incomplete) — Bertram Merrell Marriage Index of Cheshire (1750-1836)
M 1754-1837 — North & East Cheshire Marriage Index - may be viewable at subscription sites such as ancestry or findmypast
M 1837-1972 — Cheshire BMD (CC:1089)
B 1813-1877 — National Burial Index
B 1813-1877 — published by North Cheshire Family History Society
Monumental InscriptionsPublished by South Cheshire Family History Society, 1998

Explanatory NotesIndex of Churches