Budock (Cornish: Plywvudhek)is situated in the Deanery and Hundred of Kirrier (Kerrier). It is now more commonly called Budock Water. In 1869, it was bounded on the north by St Gluvias and Falmouth, on the east by the sea, on the south by Mawnan and Constantine, and on the west by Mabe. The parish is named after Saint Budocus; the name is also found in the area of Plymouth known as St Budeaux. Before the conquest the whole of the parish of Budock lay within the manor belonging to the Bishops of Exeter called Treliver. The modern name of the village is Budock Water.
Glasney was originally in this parish, and was a moor or march at the bottom of the episcopal park at Penryn. Here Walter Bronescombe, Bishop of Exeter, in 1264, commenced and on March 26th 1267, endowed a college for thirteen canons, one of whom was to be styled provost, or president, and for thirteen vicars. In 1318 a misunderstanding between to Provost and canons as impropriators of St Gluvias, and the vicar of that church over the division of tithes was resolved by the Bishop of Exeter.
The peninsular upon which Pendennis Castle stands was a detached portion of Budock. Part of Budock formed the new borough of Falmouth and Penryn.
Most parish and church description(s) on these pages are from Lake's Parochial History of the County of Cornwall by J Polsue (Truro, 1867 - 1873)