The parish of Perranarworthal, (Cornish: Pyran ar Woethel), is situated in the Deanery and Hundred of Kerrier; it is bounded on the north by Kea, on the east by Restronguet Creek and Mylor, on the south by St Gluvias and Stithians, and on the west by Gwennap. The name is composed of the saint's name, Piran, plus the name of the manor, Arworthal. This parish contains the ancient village of Perranwell, described in Murrays Hand-Book of 1865 as a village romantically situated in a deep bottom or dell at the head of Restronguet Creek, which is here joined by the Kennal, a small stream rising near Carmenillis.
The other village of note in the parish was Perranwharf. Until the creek silted up, there was waterborne trade in copper ore and pig-iron, the Perran Wharf Foundry being managed by the Fox family of Falmouth. These Iron Works were the first of any considerable capability in Cornwall.
The old Norway Inn on the A39 from Truro recalls the days when Scandinavian timber was imported.
Most parish and church description(s) on these pages are from Lake's Parochial History of the County of Cornwall by J Polsue (Truro, 1867 - 1873)