Link to maps of Carlatton (GENUKI)

CARLATTON, Cumberland

"CARLATTON, an extra-parochial liberty in the ward of Eskdale, in the county of Cumberland, 9 miles to the E. of Carlisle. It has an area of about 1,800 acres, which are rated at 1,000, and belong to the Earl of Carlisle. There are corn and saw-mills, but no church or village. The last incumbent was Richard Hogge, who is entered in the bishop's register in 1380."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson 2003]


Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.