"CORNEY, a parish in the ward of Allerdale-above-Derwent, in the county of Cumberland, 4½ miles S. of Ravenglass, and 2 from the Bootle and Eskmeals stations of the Whitehaven and Furness Junction railway. It is situated to the W. of a lofty ridge of hills extending to the mountain of Blackcombe. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Carlisle, value £140, in the patronage of the Earl of Lonsdale."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- The transcription of the section for Corney from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.