"WASDALE-HEAD, a township in the parish of St. Bees, ward of Allerdale-above-Derwent, county Cumberland, 16 miles from Whitehaven, its post town, 11 S.W. of Keswick, and 10 N.E. of Ravenglass. It is situated in a narrow valley among the hills at the head of Wast Water. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Carlisle, value £80, in the patronage of the Incumbent of St. Bees."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]