St. Breock, or St. Breoke, (Cornish: Nanssans), is situated in the Deanery and Hundred of Pydar. It is a parish bounded on the north by the River Camel which separates it from St Minver and Egloshayle; on the east by the same river and its tributary Ruthern river, from Egloshayle and Bodmin; on the south it is bounded by Withiel and St Wenn, and on the west by St Issey. It is located 7 miles northwest from Bodmin and a mile from Wadebridge railway station. The parish is named after its patron, St Briocus and was often referred to as Pawton after the manor of which it formed part. At the time of the Domesday Survey of 1086, Pawton belonged to the Bishops of Exeter.
St Breock is connected to Egloshayle by a bridge built in 1485 by Thomas Loveybound, the Vicar of Egloshayle. This bridge replaced an earlier ford, which at times was vey dangerous. The bridge is still in use; it is 320 feet long and crosses the Camel on 15 arches.
Towards the end of the 19th century the town of Wadebridge was growing fast, and was straddling two Parishes, namely St Breock and Egloshayle, which was causing some problems with regards to the day-to-day running of the Town's affairs. In 1898, the two parishes united to form the Wadebridge Urban Council, which continued in existence until 1934.
Villages in the parish are Burlorne-Eglos, Hay, Penhale, Tredrusson, Trelill, and Trevanson.
Most parish and church description(s) on these pages are from Lake's Parochial History of the County of Cornwall by J Polsue (Truro, 1867 - 1873)