The parish church is located in OS Grid Square SW8244 and was dedicated to St Paul. It is located in Agar Road, amid a populous district taken from part of St Clement. It is a building of stone in the Perpendicular style, consisting originally of chancel, nave, south aisle and south porch: in 1884 it was restored under the direction of J.D. Sedding esq. architect of London, and a new chancel erected of Polyphant stone from Lewannie, near Launceston, the lower stage of a tower erected so as to form the east end of the south aisle, and transepts added, beneath which are vestry and parish rooms; the new chancel is divided from the nave by a screen of carved oak, consisting of a central arch and two arched openings on either side with a rood loft above, erected as a memorial to Jessie Gardiner, by her husband: the brass eagle lectern was the gift of Miss Mansel Tweedy of Alverton: the east window is a memorial of the late Sir Philip Prothereo Smith, of Truro, d. 24 June, 1882, and there are four other stained windows,; in 1889 a north aisle was built and the roof of the nave raised; the total cost of the alterations has been £3,360: there are 610 sittings. The register dates from the year 1865.
In 2001, the parish of St Paul had united with St Clement. Sadly this church is now CLOSED for health & safety reasons. Worshippers now meet at St. John's Church, Lemon Street, another of the churches within this United Benefice.