"A parish and pleasant village, 3½ miles N.E. from Alfreton, and in 1851 had 467 inhabitants. The Church, dedicated to St. Werburgh, is a handsome stone edifice. The living is a vicarage; the Rev. Thomas Leeson Cursham, D.C.L., incumbent." [Ex. Harrison, Harrop & Co.'s Directory & Gazetteer of Derbyshire, 1860]
The parish is just west of the M1, south of Tibshelf, off junction 28.