BORROWASH, Derbyshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
"BORROWASH, a village and railway station in the parish of Ockbrook, and hundred of Morleston in the county of Derby, 4 miles E. of Derby, and 128 from London. It is situated on, the Nottingham canal and the Derby and Nottingham railway, which has a station here. There is a chapel belonging to the Wesleyans, and a National school, erected in 1840. The inhabitants are principally engaged in the extensive cotton and lace factory of Messrs. Towle. There are also water and steam flourmills, and a brick-yard,"
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]