"BOULTON, a chapelry in the parish of Derby St. Peter, hundred of Morleston and Litchurch, in the county of Derby, 3 miles to the S.E. of Derby. The Midland railway and the Derby canal pass near it. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Lichfield, of the value of £120, in the patronage of the landholders. The church is old, and partly in the Norman style."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin HINSON ©2003]
This place is 123 miles north of London and covers 1,591 acres. Today the parish is part of the conurbation of Derby city, and operates as a political ward of that city.