BOULTON, Derbyshire

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1851 H.O. 107 / 2006
1861 R.G. 9 / 2490
1891 R.G. 12 / 2721 & 2722
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

"BOULTON, a chapelry in the parish of Derby St. Peter, hundred of Morleston and Litchurch, in the county of Derby, 3 miles to the S.E. of Derby. The Midland railway and the Derby canal pass near it. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Lichfield, of the value of £120, in the patronage of the landholders. The church is old, and partly in the Norman style."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin HINSON ©2003]

This place is 123 miles north of London and covers 1,591 acres. Today the parish is part of the conurbation of Derby city, and operates as a political ward of that city.

Return to top of page

Directories

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Military History

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/Boulton/index.html