BOYLESTONE, Derbyshire

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 1957
1891 R.G. 12 / 2195
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

"BOYLSTONE, (or Boylestone) a parish in the hundred of Appletree, in the county of Derby, 7 miles to the S. of Ashbourne, and 4 N. from Sudbury railway station. It is watered by a small stream, a feeder of the river Dove. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield, value £260, in the patronage of Robert Pool, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist, and has a small tower. The Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists have chapels in the village. There are some small charitable endowments, and a National school was built in 1845 near the church. John Broadhurst, Esq., is lord of the manor."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin HINSON ©2003]

Return to top of page

Directories

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/Boylestone/index.html