- The parish was in the Brassington sub-district of the Ashbourne Registration District.
- The table below gives census piece numbers, where known:
|1861||R.G. 9 / 2521 thru 2524|
|1891||R.G. 12 / 2756|
- The Anglican parish church is dedicated to All Saints.
- The churchyard contained a Saxon cross from the year 800, but it had broken and the pieces were moved inside the church.
- There was a Saxon church here at the Domesday Survey of 1068. Jonathan CLITHEROE has a photograph of the Saxon Cross on Geo-graph, taken in January, 2010.
- The church existed in 1205.
- The church was completely restored in 1846.
- The church seats 205.
- Ann B. has a nice photograph of All Saints Church on Geo-graph, taken in April, 2006.
- The Anglican parish register dates from 1720.
- The church was in the rural deanery of Ashborne.
- Civil Registration began in July, 1837.
- The parish was in the Brassington sub-district ofthe Ashbourne Registration District.
"BRADBORNE, (or Bradbourne) a parish in the hundreds of Appletree and Wirksworth, in the county of Derby, 5 miles to the N. of Ashbourne. Wirksworth is its post town. It comprises the chapelries of Atlow, Ballidon, and Brassington; the township of Aldwark, and the hamlet of Lea Hall. Limestone is abundant in the district. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lichfield, of the value with the perpetual curacy of Ballidon annexed to it, of £119, in the patronage of the Duke of Devonshire."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin HINSON ©2003]
The parish covers over 9,966 acres and includes the townships of Bradbourn, Aldwark, Ballidon, Brassington, and the hamlet of Lea Hall.
There are a number of photographs taken around the parish at the Foter site.
- Ann ANDREWS provides a transcription of the Bradbourne entry from Kelly's Directory of the Counties of Derby, Notts, Leicester and Rutland (1891).
- The transcription of the section for Bradborne from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin HINSON.
- Bradbourne is one of the Thankful Villages of England, having suffered no losses during World War I. It is the only village in Derbyshire to bear this title.
- Eamon CURRY has a photograph of the War Memorial on Geo-graph, taken in Sept., 2010. Although often refered to as a War Memorial, it appears to be a Mellenium Memorial erected by the village.
- There is a Commonwealth War Grave in the churchyard for a Private HOLMES who was from a neighboring village.
- The place was an ancient parish in Derby county and became a modern Civil Parish when those were established.
- This parish was partly in the ancient Wirksworth Hundred (or Wapentake) and partly in the Appletree Hundred.
- This parish is a member of the Derbyshire Dales District Council.
- Bastardy cases would be heard in the Ashbourne petty session hearings.
- As a result of the Poorlaw Amendment Act of 1834 reforms, the parish became a member of the Ashbourn Poorlaw Union.