BRAILSFORD, Derbyshire

Bibliography

Return to top of page

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2519
1891 R.G. 12 / 2751
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

"BRAILSFORD is rather a considerable village, in the parish of its name, and hundred of Appletree; situate on the main road between Derby and Ashbourn, equidistant from each place. Coaches to different parts of the kingdom are continually passing through here, and the support of the village is chiefly derived from that circumstance - there being no manufactures, nor any extensive trade existing here. The places of worship are the parish church, and a chapel for Wesleyan methodists; the former, which is situate, about half a mile from the village, is dedicated to All-Saints, and the living is a rectory, in the patronage of Earl Ferrers. The parish (which has no dependent township) contained, in 1821, 724 inhabitants, & in 1831, 780."

[Description from Pigot and Co's Commercial Directory for Derbyshire, 1835]

Return to top of page

Directories

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Military Records

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/Brailsford/index.html

Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.