BRASSINGTON, Derbyshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
"BRASSINGTON, a chapelry in the parish of Bradborne and hundred of Wirksworth, in the county of Derby, 3 miles to the W. of Wirksworth, its post town. The living is a perpetual curacy* in the diocese of Lichfield, value £50, in the patronage of Tidd Pratt, Esq. The church is in various styles of architecture. There is a small endowment for education. The principal residence is Brassington Hall."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]