"BREASTON is a village and township, in the parish of Sawley, nearly eight miles E.S.E. from Derby. The chapel here, under the establishment, is dedicated to St. Michael, and the living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to that of Risley, in the peculiar jurisdiction and patronage of the prebendary of Sawley, in the cathedral church of Lichfield. The township contained, at the last census, 642 inhabitants."
[Description from Pigot and Co's Commercial Directory for Derbyshire, 1835]
Stephen McKAYY has a photograph of a Breaston sign on the village green at Geo-graph, taken in February, 2009.