BREASTON, Derbyshire

Cemeteries

Return to top of page

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2491
1881 R.G. 11 / 3389
1891 R.G. 12 / 2723
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

"BREASTON is a village and township, in the parish of Sawley, nearly eight miles E.S.E. from Derby. The chapel here, under the establishment, is dedicated to St. Michael, and the living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to that of Risley, in the peculiar jurisdiction and patronage of the prebendary of Sawley, in the cathedral church of Lichfield. The township contained, at the last census, 642 inhabitants."

[Description from Pigot and Co's Commercial Directory for Derbyshire, 1835]

Stephen McKAYY has a photograph of a Breaston sign on the village green at Geo-graph, taken in February, 2009.

Return to top of page

Directories

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

Military History

Return to top of page

Military Records

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/Breaston/index.html

Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.