BRIMINGTON, Derbyshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
"BRIMINGTON, a parish and township in the hundred of Scarsdale, in the county of Derby, 2 miles to the N.E. of Chesterfield. It was formerly a chapelry belonging to Chesterfield, but now forms a parish of itself. The village is modern and well built, and is situated near the Midland railway, which has a station at Chesterfield, and is about 1 mile distant from the Chesterfield canal. The living is a perpetual curacy* in the diocese of Lichfield, of the value of £102, in the patronage of the vicar. The church, which was built in 1808, became too small for the population, and was taken down and rebuilt, all but the tower, in 1847. The Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists have chapels here. The parochial charities produce £6 a year. There is a National school. The chief seat is Brimington Hall."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]