CARSINGTON, Derbyshire

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1851 H.O. 107 / 2146
1861 R.G. 9 / 2524
1891 R.G. 12 / 2756
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

"CARSINGTON is a small parish, about two miles and a half W. from Wirksworth, containing a small ancient church, dedicated to St. Margaret; the living is a rectory, of which the dean of Lincoln is the patron. The parish contained, in 1831, 286 inhabitants, who are chiefly supported by agriculture and mining."

[Description from Pigot and Co's Commercial Directory for Derbyshire, 1835]

Carsington is a village, a township and a parish. The parish covered 1,116 acres in 1857 and was mostly dairy farms. The village lies in a sheltered valley six miles north of Belper.

Return to top of page

Directories

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

History

Year  Person
1857 George HARDY, vict.
1881 Chas. MELLOR, farmer
1891 Chas. MELLOR
1912 George MATKIN
Return to top of page

Military History

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/Carsington/index.html

Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.