CHADDESDEN, Derbyshire

Cemeteries

Return to top of page

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2494
1891 R.G. 12 / 2726
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

"CHADDESDEN is a parish (having no dependent township), in the hundred of Appletree but locally situate in that of Morleston and Litchurch, two miles and a half east from Derby. The church, which is dedicated to St. Mary, is of considerable antiquity, having a stone stall in its chancel; the living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of Sir Robert Wilmot. The Derby canal passes through the parish,- which contained, at the last census (1831), 469 inhabitants, for being fewer, by thirty-three, than were returned for it in 1801."

[Description from Pigot and Co's Commercial Directory for Derbyshire, 1835]

Chaddesden is functionally a suburb on the north-east side of Derby city. Locals refer to the village as "Chad".

Return to top of page

Directories

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

Maps

Return to top of page

Military History

Return to top of page

Military Records

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/Chaddesden/index.html