"CHILCOTE, a chapelry in the parish of Clifton-Campville, in the hundred of Repton, in the county of Derby, 6½ miles S.W. of Ashby-de-la-Zouch. The village is situated on a rock, and was rebuilt by the late F. Robertson, Esq. The living is a curacy annexed to the rectory* of Clifton Campville, in the diocese of Lichfield, in the patronage of H. J. Pye, Esq."
John Marious WILSON reports in his Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72):
"CHILCOTE, a township-chapelry in Clifton-Campville parish, Derby; on the river Mease, at the verge of the county, 4 ½ miles S by W of Moira r. station, and 6 ½ SW of Ashby de la Zouch. Post-town, Clifton-Campville, under Tamworth. Acres, 1,325. Real property, £2,170. Pop., 129. Houses, 27, Chilcote House is the seat of the Robertsons. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Clifton-Campville, in the diocese of Lichfield."