CHILCOTE, Derbyshire

Census

Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

"CHILCOTE, a chapelry in the parish of Clifton-Campville, in the hundred of Repton, in the county of Derby, 6½ miles S.W. of Ashby-de-la-Zouch. The village is situated on a rock, and was rebuilt by the late F. Robertson, Esq. The living is a curacy annexed to the rectory* of Clifton Campville, in the diocese of Lichfield, in the patronage of H. J. Pye, Esq."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin HINSON ©2003]

Return to top of page

Directories

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

"CHILCOTE, a township-chapelry in Clifton-Campville parish, Derby; on the river Mease, at the verge of the county, 4 miles S by W of Moira r. station, and 6 SW of Ashby de la Zouch. Post-town, Clifton-Campville, under Tamworth. Acres, 1,325. Real property, 2,170. Pop., 129. Houses, 27, Chilcote House is the seat of the Robertsons. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Clifton-Campville, in the diocese of Lichfield."
Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/Chilcote/index.html

Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.