CLAY CROSS, Derbyshire

Bibliography

Return to top of page

Cemeteries

Return to top of page

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2525 & 2526
1891 R.G. 12 / 2757 & 2758
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

"CLAYCROSS, (or Claylane) a township in the parish of North Wingfield, in the hundred of Scarsdale, in the county of Derby, 5 miles S. of Chesterfield, its post town. It is a station on the Midland railway. The living is a perpetual curacy* in the diocese of Lichfield, value £60, to which the Claycross Coal Company make a grant of £50, in the patronage of the Rector of North Wingfield. The church, dedicated to St. Bartholomew, was erected by subscription in 1851. It is a handsome stone edifice in the early English style."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]

Danesmoor is a hamlet just on the eastern edge of Claycross.

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

Historical Geography

Return to top of page

Military History

Return to top of page

Military Records

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/ClayCross/index.html