CRICH, Derbyshire

Archives and Libraries

Return to top of page

Bibliography

Return to top of page

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1841 H.O. 107 / 188 & 194
1861 R.G. 9 / 2526 & 2542
1881 R.G. 11 / 34152
1891 R.G. 12 / 2746
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

"CRICH is a parish, partly in the hundreds of Morleston and Litchurch, Scarsdale, and Wirksworth: the village is about five miles east of Wirksworth. and four west from Alfreton. The site of it is very lofty, and from the adjacent stand or prospect tower, which is a land-mark for a great distance around, a very extensive view is obtained. There are numerous stone quarries in the neighbourhood, and lime burning is largely carried on here."

[Description from Pigot and Co's Commercial Directory for Derbyshire, 1835]

The parish covered 5,772 acres in 1857 and included the hamlet/village of Fritchley. Visitors should get current information from Crichweb.

Return to top of page

Directories

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Military History

Return to top of page

Military Records

Return to top of page

Names, Geographical

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/Crich/index.html

Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.