CROXALL, Derbyshire

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1841 H.O. 107 / 975
1891 R.G. 12 / 2209
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

"CROXALL is a parish, partly in the hundred of Repton and Gresley, county of Derby, and partly in the hundred of Offlow, county of Stafford, 8 miles S.W. by S. from Burton-upon-Trent. The river Meuse flows through the parish, and the Tame touches upon its boundary. The church is dedicated to St. John the Baptist: the living is a vicarage, in the patronage of the crown. Population of the parish, with Catton township and part of Edingale, 263."

[Description from Pigot and Co's Commercial Directory for Derbyshire, 1835]

The parish inlcudes the townships of Croxall and Catton and lies 116 miles north of the city of London.

Passenger rail service stopped here in 1928.

Return to top of page

Directories

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Manors

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/Croxall/index.html