CUBLEY, Derbyshire

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1851 H.O. 107 / 2010
1861 R.G. 9 / 1957
1891 R.G. 12 / 2195
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

"CUBLEY is a parish (having no dependent township), in the hundred of Appletree; the village being situate about 6 miles S. from Ashbourn, which is the post town for this place. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew: the living is a rectory, with the perpetual curacy of Marston-Montgomery annexed, in the patronage of the Earl of Chesterfield. The parish contained, in 1831, 471 Inhabitants."

[Description from Pigot and Co's Commercial Directory for Derbyshire, 1835]

The village sits astride the old Roman road known as Long Street, although there is no evidence of Roman settlement in the parish. The principal village is "Great Cubley", with the hamlets of Little Cubley to the south and Cubley Common to the north.

Return to top of page

Directories

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/Cubley/index.html