We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.

DALBURY, Derbyshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"DALBURY, (or Dalbury with Lees) a parish in the hundred of Appletree, in the county of Derby, 6 miles N.E. of Burton-on-Trent, the same distance S.W. of Derby, and 3½ N. of Egginton station. The line of railroad from Derby to Manchester passes through this parish, which is well wooded. The village is small, and wholly agricultural.

The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield, value £206, in the patronage of Mrs. Eliza Cotton. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is an ancient stone structure. The chancel has recently been rebuilt, and contains a stained-glass window, said to be 600 years old. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge. The charities amount to £18 per annum. There is a free school for both sexes."

"LEES, a township in the parish of Dalbury, hundred of Appletree, county Derby, 5½ miles N.W. of Derby, and 6 N.E. of Burton-on-Trent. It is a joint township with Dalbury. It is situated on a branch of the river Dove."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin HINSON ©2003]

We are looking for somebody who can help with the maintenance of this page, which currently has a status of Inactive - No maintenance is being performed. For more information about what helping us entails, look at our help wanted page. If you would like to consider helping us then please contact the GENUKI trustees.