In Norman times there was an Abbey of the Premonstratention Order here in Depedale or Deepdale dedicated to Saint Mary. It was reputedly the work of a man from Saint Mary's parish in Derby in 1135. The Abbey was subsequently founded in 1204.
Garth NEWTON has a photograph of the ruins of Dale Abbey on Geo-graph, taken in May, 2003.
The Anglican parish chapel is dedicated to All Saints.
The chapel is a simple structure. One end used to be a public house.
The chapel seats 100.
Graham BURNETT has a photograph of All Saints Church on Geo-graph, taken in August, 2008.
"DALE ABBEY, a chapelry in the hundred of Morleston and Litchurch, in the county of Derby, 5 miles N.E. of Derby. At Deepdale are remains of an abbey of Premonstratensian Canons, founded in Henry II.'s reign by Serlo-de-Grendon, and refounded at Stanley by Geoffrey-Saucemere, or Salicosa Mara, in 1204, in honour of the Virgin Mary; at the Dissolution its revenue was estimated at £144 12s."