DERBY, St Peter, Derbyshire
- The table below gives census piece numbers, where known:
|1861||R.G. 9 / 2490 & 2499 thru 2501|
|1891||R.G. 12 / 2727 & 2728|
- Jerry EVANS has a photograph of St Peter's Church on Geo-graph, taken in March, 2008.
- Marriages at St Peter's Church, 1558-1812 are available in Nigel BATTY-SMITH's database of scanned images of Phillimore's Parish Registers.
"LITCHURCH, a township in the parish of Derby St. Peter, hundred of Morleston-with-Litchurch, county Derby, 1 mile S.E. of Derby. It partly gives name to the hundred. The Derby union poorhouse is situated in this township."
[Description from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- This parish was in the ancient Morleston and Litchurch Hundred (or Wapentake).
- With the passage of the Poor Law Amendment Act reforms of 1834, this parish became a member of the Derby Poorlaw Union.