"DOVERIDGE is a small village and parish, in the, hundred of Appletree, 17 miles. W. from Derby, and about 2 S. E. from Uttoxeter (Staffordshire), which is the nearest post town. Doveridge Hall, the seat of Lord Waterpark, is a modern and handsome building, pleasantly situate on an eminence, commanding a view of the town of Uttoxeter, the river Dove, and of the hills which terminate the prospect of the valley. The church, which is dedicated to St. Cuthbert, is a small edifice, chiefly in the early style of English architecture: the living is a vicarage, in the incumbency of the Rev. Henry Stokes. The parish contaned, in 1821, 843 inhabitants, and in 1831, 792, being fewer by eight than was returned at the census taken in 1811."
[Description from Pigot and Co's Commercial Directory for Derbyshire, 1835]
The parish covers 4,375 acres and includes the hamlets of West Broughton, Eaton, Sedsall, Ley Hill, Clownholme, Holtwood and Woodhouse. The village has its own website for visitors.