DUFFIELD, Derbyshire

Bibliography

Return to top of page

Cemeteries

Return to top of page

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1851 H.O. 107 / 2144
1861 R.G. 9 / 2507 thru 2510 & 2513 & 2518
1891 R.G. 12 / 2741
1901 R.G. 13 / 3226
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

  1. Baptisms 1598-1980
  2. Marriages 1598-1980
  3. Banns 1754-1773, 1880-1962
  4. Burials 1598-1960
Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

"DUFFIELD is a large and pleasant village, in the populous parish of its name, in the hundred of Appletree: the village is situate on a fine plain, over which the main road passes, leading from Derby to Belper, Matlock, and Sheffield; about four and a half miles north from Derby, and three and a half south from Belper. It has long been esteemed a favourite residence of persons enjoying a respectable competence, who prefer retirement and quiet to the bustle of larger towns."

[Description from Pigot and Co's Commercial Directory for Derbyshire, 1835]

This village, township and parish sit in a valley on the banks of the Derwent River 5 miles north of Derby city, 3 miles south of Belper and 132 miles north of London.

Windley Township is 2.5 miles north-west of Duffield village.

Return to top of page

Directories

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Military History

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page

Schools

Return to top of page
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/Duffield/index.html