FENNY BENTLEY, Derbyshire

Census

Census
Year
Piece No.
1861 R.G. 9 / 2522
1891 R.G. 12 / 2754
Return to top of page

Church History

Return to top of page

Church Records

Return to top of page

Civil Registration

Return to top of page

Description and Travel

"BENTLEY is a small agricultural parish, in the same hundred as Tissington, about a mile and a half, south, from that village. Part of the old Manor house is still standing, and is occupied as a farm house. The church, which is dedicated to St. Mary Magdalene, is a small structure with a low tower: the living is a discharged rectory, in the patronage of the Dean of Lincoln. The parish contained, at the last census, 308 inhabitants."

[Description from Pigot and Co's Commercial Directory for Derbyshire, 1835]

Note: The church dedication above is incorrect.

Return to top of page

Directories

Return to top of page

Gazetteers

Return to top of page

History

Return to top of page

Manors

Return to top of page

Military Records

Return to top of page

Politics and Government

Return to top of page

Poorhouses, Poor Law, etc.

Return to top of page
URL of this page: http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/DBY/FennyBentley/index.html

Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.