"FINDERN, a chapelry in the parish of Mickleover, hundred of Morleston, county Derby, 5 miles S.W. of Derby, its post town, and 6 N.E. of Burton."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin HINSON ©2003]
- The parish covers about 1,600 acres.
- The village is split by the A50 Trunk Road into two halves.
- Although a railway runs through the parish, there is no station there today,
- The parish welcomes visitors and has a number of Historic Walks listed on the Peak District web site.
- A potted history and photographs of Findern can be found at the Derby Pictures site by Andy SAVAGE.
- The Mercia Marina is just south of the village.
You can see pictures of Findern which are provided by:
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SK309307 (Lat/Lon: 52.872869, -1.542368), Findern which are provided by: